PNP Track is excited to announce a greatly expanded track coaching team for the 2017-18 season, with planned sessions at the Wellington Velodrome seven days a week starting mid October. The wealth of knowledge between these coaches is massive, and a fantastic opportunity for cyclists of any experience or ability.
Here's what's in it for you:
- Learn essential cycling skills and race craft for minimal costs - we’ve got track bikes to rent too.
- Set new goals: personal bests over timed distances such as the pursuit, or become a contender at the National Track Championships.
- Different skills, different coaches. Sprinters, endurance riders and women - choose the sessions that suit you.
- Our well established junior coaching programme is extended so that under 17 and 19 riders are catered for across the board.
- The opportunity to train for the Wellington squads heading to the elite or age group national championships, either as an individual or team pursuit or team sprint member.
Meet the team:
Women’s endurance coach (under 17s and up): Rachel Southee - NZ rep at junior level with a wealth of training knowledge.
Men’s endurance coaches (under 17s and up): Mike Meadowcroft and Jamie Hodgkinson - experienced track cyclists who have run a highly successful regular training evening at the velodrome for the last season. Mike was an NZ squad member, and has also managed national teams at major championships.
Women’s sprint coach (under 17s and up): Chris Taylor - former junior national champion and record holder with decades of racing experience.
Men’s sprint coach (under 17s and up): Lee Evans - sprinter extraordinaire who knows track racing inside out.
Sprint coach (under 17s and up): Ian Ellis - New Zealand representative at under 19 level, available for self-directed sprint training.
Juniors (under 11s through to under 17s): Gary Gibson - with oodles of knowledge and experience, Gary is an expert on getting kids on bikes and racing.
We have the equipment and knowhow, you just need the motivation to take on a new challenge.
Got questions or want to get started? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Nick at 021 0299 0632.