This season’s training offering for Wellington cyclists is the most comprehensive ever with coaches on hand for 13 different sessions a week for all ages and abilities covering endurance, sprinting and bunch racing – there are even women’s specific sessions.
Available to anyone, and completely affordable, PNP’s aim is to get more people cycling. Head up to the Wellington Velodrome, hire one of the club’s track bikes, and take advantage of this opportunity.
It all kicks off from mid-October, visit facebook.com/wellington.velodrome to stay connected.
PNP’S TRAINING SCHEDULE AT THE TRACK – THE DETAILS
- The Wellington Sprint Squad have something special up their sleeves this year with an all new Wednesday Sprint Series! Full run down and dates will be released shortly. Make sure you attend one of their Monday/Friday training sessions to fine tune those fast twitch muscle fibres.
- Endurance Training kicks off for under 17, under 19 and seniors on 15 October with the first ever Tuesday Speed Shop. This is a loosely pursuit-focused session aimed at riders wanting some free speed. Ride smarter, not harder. ;)
- Thursday nights are all about the art of bunch racing. Pat and Mike have been losing bike races for years and are keen to help the current crop of exciting young under 17 and under 19 trackies learn from their many mistakes! Seniors will get their chance to deconstruct the weekend's racing straight after.
- Gary Gibson's always excellent rookies, and under 11, under 13 and under 15 junior sessions start from the following week, Tuesday 22 October. We're looking forward to watching him develop yet more talent.
- And last but by no means least, Ele Pepperell is continuing her frankly awesome Women's Wednesdays! These are friendly sessions for anyone wanting to improve their bike handling skills and confidence on the velodrome. Ele has created a great community over the last couple of years and we can't wait to see even more women getting track time at the Wellydrome.
HIRE A TRACK BIKE FROM US
A season’s track bike hire is just $110. Come along for a few goes first to try it out, contact us for a set up or go to our open day on 20 October: https://www.facebook.com/events/474702113080307/