PNP Balfour Pennington Series Information – 2012
Hello all PNP road members,
The 2012/2013 PNP race season will kick off at Burnham Wharf on the 4th of August with the Balfour Pennington Series.
A description of the Balfour Pennington Series can be found here; http://www.pnp.org.nz/road/balfour-pennington-series/
To accommodate more riders and make the series more competitive and safer, given the large rider numbers and courses, there will be 4 race categories:
• Mens Category 1 (Cat 1)
• Mens Category 2 (Cat 2)
• Womens Category (pending numbers)
• Junior Category (pending numbers)
Within each category there will be handicap grades i.e. Scratch, Break, Break 2 etc.
General Guideline on determining start handicap:
• Category 1 finished Lake Taupo Challenge – less than 4:30
• Category 2 finished Lake Taupo Challenge – more than 4:30
The clubs handicapping information, policy and current handicapping list can be found under the Road tab: http://www.pnp.org.nz/road/handicap-race-information/
Entry Fee: $5 club members, $10 non club members.
Registration is from 12:30 – 1:15
Each handicap group will leave at 2 minute intervals (this is an approximate and will be confirmed on the day depending on the course).
Race dates and locations and other details can be found on the club calendar:
For 2012 the following courses will be used:
• Race 1: 4 Aug, Miramar: Chocolate Fish/Burnham Wharf/Lyall Bay return;
• Race 2: 11 Aug, Upper Hutt: Mangaroa School, Maymorn, Blue Mtns return;
• Race 3: 18 Aug, Wainuiomata: Wainui Coast Rd return;
• Race 4: 1 Sept, Upper Hutt: Trentham Army Camp, up Blue Mtns down Wallaceville (2 laps);
• Race 5: 8 Sept, Wainui: Eastbourne / Wainui Hill / Coast Rd return;
• Race 6: 15 Sept, Miramar: Chocolate Fish / Miramar loop (4 laps).
PNP Road Subcommittee
For more information:
Email Sub-Committee: email@example.com
Volunteers email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the PNP peleton on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PNPROAD